Pages

Sunday 29 September 2013

Well.....another weekend is slipping by.....
Another post to share another love of mine.....vintage cutlery!  I'm not sure where if when the love affair began....but my collecting of these wonderful pieces of history began a LONG time ago.
Not sure if it's the exquisite patterns that were once just common place or the worn patina that I'm drawn to.....but aren't they wonderful!  We are lucky enough to have a collection from my grandparents, brought originally with them out of necessity on their immigration from Holland.  My grandparents used them as young newly weds, my mother used them as a child and so did I....how wonderful!
So, my hubby asked me....what are you going to do with all these old forks and spoons?  Hmmmmm..."not sure" I replied..."can't I just have them?"  He blinked and said..."okaaaaay?!?
So, he doesn't share my passion, obviously, : ) but 
I guess I could share!
On with the thinking cap, and I came up with some wonderful creations with my collection to share with others!
Below are the results......enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment